Welcome to this year’s Conference on
Religion, Education and Society in Afghanistan
December 10th, 2022
In Freiburg and online
Many images and opinions about religion, education, and society in Afghanistan circulate unquestioned around the world and produce and reproduce stereotypes. However, only rarely is an attempt made to analyze the role of religion and education in Afghanistan more deeply, to understand it better, and to be able to classify developments more adequately. Afghan society is far too complex to be described briefly.
In this conference, we will look at the role of religion, education and society and their mutual influences.
- What is the role of religion in Afghanistan?
- What is the significance of gender in Islam?
- What are the current developments in the education sector in Afghanistan?
- What role does religion play in the education sector?
- What is the significance of Afghan-German cooperation in this context?
- How can we support newly arrived Afghans in Germany better?
- And many others…
We will explore these and other questions in keynotes, workshops, and panel discussions.
Will you join us and enrich the conference?
Here you find the Program: Afghanistan_Conference 2022
Here you find further information about our keynote speakers.
Do you want to inform yourself about the workshops and get the links – please take a look at the workshops.
Please register here.
You want to participate on-site? Please find our instructions about arrival at the conference venue: Arrival and Map
This conference is organized by the working group Afghanistan, led by Prof. Dr. Uwe Bittlingmayer, and financially supported by the German Academic Exchange Services through means of the German Federal Foreign Office.